Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Hattie"

Pattern in Juniper Moon Farms Book 7
According to the Juniper Moon Farm blog, "You heard it here first: Herriot is going to be a kind of a big deal. What is it, exactly?
Herriot is a DK-weight yarn made of 100% baby alpaca that comes in 10 natural shades (ie, undyed, never-gonna-bleed, straight-off-the-alpaca gorgeous)."

Of course, the first thing I thought when I saw this gorgeous photo was "hmmm, I wonder what kind of yarn that is..."  Yeah right.  I am at a point in my life where I am not to proud to admit that I hated her for a moment (well, maybe more than a moment if we're being totally honest!), because she wears that dress soooo well!  Then I wondered how she stays so fit.  How does she do that?  A leaf of lettuce three times a day?  No, she probably works her tail (literally) off in the gym or maybe mucks out on the farm!  Anyway, the whole package is beautiful and maybe, just maybe, if I buy enough Herriot to make THAT dress in THAT size and don't eat one thing until I get it done, it would fit and I would look exactly like this beautiful model!  Emily, (of course her name is Emily, a beautiful name!), models this dress perfectly and is inspiring me to knit to be fit!  Now there's a slogan:  Knit to be Fit!  As long as I am knitting with both hands, there can be no snacking going on, right?!  All joking aside, Herriot baby Alpaca yarn is absolutely to die for (or to diet for) and in all the colors of the natural alpaca rainbow.  We have a sample in the shop of the Egbertine Cowl:


...and you have got to see and feel it to believe how lusciously, sinfully soft it is! Again, the pattern is in the same book, JMF7.  If you like mittens, the Fair Isle mittens, the Vera Margeurite mittens and tam pattern is in that booklet as well!



So what do you think?  Can it be done?  Shall I accept the challenge and get the yarn for that dress and dare to make it in the size I want to be when I get it done?  This is scary stuff....Seriously, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment